- Food En Route to Hungry Haitian Pre-Trial Detainees & Inmates
In response to crisis, four non-profits form coalition to support individuals in Haitian prisons with food.
"Pre-trial detainees and inmates of 20 overcrowded Haitian prisons across the country will be steadily receiving life-saving food support over the next three months through a joint relief effort by non-profits World Hope International, Rise Against Hunger, Health through Walls, and AIDS Healthcare Foundation."World Hope International, December 05, 2021
- Le Personnel Infirmier Face Au COVID-19 Au Pénitencier NationalImpartial News, May 26, 2020
- by Maura Sullivan Hill, We Are ND, University of Notre Dame, August 26, 2019
- by Marc-Evens Lebrun, LoopHaiti.com, November 15, 2019
- Haiti Libre, November 24, 2019
- Business Wire, November 30, 2019
- Good Practices In The Prevention And Care Of Tuberculosis And Drug- Resistant Tuberculosis In Correctional Facilities, World Health Organization Document for Good Practices in Prisons, 2018, Haiti. TB screening in an overcrowded prison, Annex Pages 14-15, by John P. May, Mark C. Andrews, Karine Duverger
- MINUJUSTH/United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti, United Nations Peacekeeping, Feb 15, 2018
- Haiti Libre, February 24, 2018
- by Andrea Carneiro, The Florida Villager, March 03, 2018
- by Bryden, D., Action Global Health Advocacy Partnership, May 24, 2018
- Haiti Libre, July 6, 2018
- by LaMonaca K, Desai M, May JP, Lyon E, Altice FL, International Journal of Prisoner Health, 2018 Sep 10
- Civil Prison of Port-au-Prince, Inhumane conditions of detention and an explosion of alarming deaths,National Human Rights Defense Network (RNDDH), Jan 27, 2017
- 'This is Hell. It will drive you crazy if it doesn't kill you first': Inside Haitian jail where prisoners starve to death and defecate on floors of overcrowded cells while waiting up to eight years for a trial,by McLaughlin, K., Daily Mail and Associated Press, February 20, 2017
- Malnutrition Killing Inmates in Haiti Jails,Caribbean Times NYC, Feb 24, 2017
- Beyond Our Borders, Students look into the challenges of addressing HIV in prisons internationally. HIV Behind Bars, Special Issue in partnership with the National Commission on Correctional Health Care,by May, J. and Spaulding, Anne C., HIV Specialist, The American Academy of HIV Medicine, March 2017, 29-30 p.
- Community Reentry & HIV Continuity of Care. HIV Behind Bars, Special Issue in partnership with the National Commission on Correctional Health Care,by Zack, B., and Kramer, K. HIV Specialist, The American Academy of HIV Medicine, March 2017, 24-28 p.
- by Robert, A., Le Monde Afrique, Le Monde, March 29, 2017
- Aspen nonprofit arranges meals for starving prison inmates in Haiti, Haiti Children working with other nonprofits, and Haitians to feed 4,200 prisoners living in dismal conditions,by McGhee, T., Denver Post, April 19, 2017
- Global Health & Pharma (GHP), April 25, 2017
- Haiti Libre, Nov 5, 2017
- Haiti Libre, Jan 29, 2016,
- by Stowe, Gene, University of Notre Dame, College of Science, March 14, 2016
- by Barton, A., Science Speaks: Global ID News, Aug 2, 2016
- by Farrand, M., Pathfinder International, Feb 4, 2015
- Factors that determine the effectiveness of peer interventions in prisons in England and Walesby Woodall, J.R., South, J., Dixey, R., de Viggiani, N., and Penson, W., Prison Service Journal, 219. 30 - 37
(Health through Walls referenced)
- Salud Integral Penitenciaria 2014 - La Victoria, Santo Domingo Norte, República Dominicana by Fundación Génesis (video),Health through Walls and other partner organizations participate in training and start medical exams of all 8,000 plus prisoners at La Victoria prison in the Dominican Republic in effort to identify and treat HIV, TB or other infectious, contagious disease.
- Citing Vile Conditions In Many Foreign Prisons, Leahy And Inhofe Offer Bill To Spotlight Problems And Spur Reforms,Press Release, Patrick Leahy, United States Senator for Vermont, March 22, 2013.
- TB Week: U.S. Senators, Ambassador visiting Haiti prison see interaction of justice and health,
by Antigone Barton, Science Speaks: HIV & TB News, March 18, 2013
- More than a decade of countering disease and disaster in Haiti penitentiary yields results as donors turn attention to prisons,
by Antigone Barton, Science Speaks: HIV and TB News, A Project of the Center for Global Health Policy, February 26, 2013.
- Peace Corps volunteers deliver abroad - and at home,
by Helene Dudley, Speak Up, The Miami Herald, March 1, 2013.
- Commentary: Keeping the world healthy keeps America healthy,by John P. May, M.D., The Palm Beach Post, October 18, 2012.
- NGOs strive to see a future for Haiti's damaged health system,Country in Focus, The Lancet, September 2012.
- by Ishdeep Kohli, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Thomas Reuters Alliance, 26 Jul 2012.
- Haitian prison an incubator for disease, but treatment for multidrug-resistant TB remains out of reach,by Antigone Barton, Science Speaks: HIV and TB News A Project of the Center for Global Health Policy, July 25, 2012.
- Looking forward to AIDS 2012: First prisoner networking zone, the epidemic in context, getting HIV treatment to the most people and more...,by Antigone Barton, Science Speaks: HIV & TB News, A Project of the Center for Global Health Policy, July 16, 2012.
- UNAIDS Caribbean,??June 21, 2012.
- Interview of Sandra Martin, International Committee of the Red Cross, April 19, 2012.
- LIU STUDENTS VISIT HAITI ON A HEALTH CARE MISSIONLIU Brooklyn, Long Island University, March 14, 2012.
- by Jacob Kushner, Florida Center for Investigative Reporting, November 14, 2011.
- FAST FACTS, UN JOINT PROGRAM ON HIV AND AIDS,United Nations in Haiti, July 2011.
- The Long Road to Recovery, It Takes All of Us,by John P. May, M.D., ICPA, A Publication of the International Corrections and Prisons Association for the Advancement of Professional Corrections, Spring 2010.
- Irin Global, IRIN Global, IRIN humanitarian news and analysis, a service of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, 2011.
- The Prison Educator, Heroes of HIV,IRIN Global, IRIN humanitarian news and analysis, a service of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, 2011 (Video).
- John P. May, MD; Patrice Joseph, MD; Jean William Pape, MD; and Ingrid A. Binswanger, MD, MPH, Annals of Internal Medicine, 21 September 2010.
- by Severine Vanel, IRIN Global, IRIN humanitarian news and analysis, a service of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, 2009, (Video).
- 12th Crime Congress, The Twelfth United Nations Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice, 17 April 2010.
- Haiti's Prison System Set to Rebuild,by John May, On the line, American Correctional Association, Vol. 33, No. 2, March 2010.
- by Deirdre Shesgreen, Science Speaks: HIV & TB News, A Project of the Center for Global Health Policy, July 31, 2009.
- Community health champion, Ana Viamonte Ros, Florida's First Surgeon General Takes her Message on the Road,HSPH News, Harvard, School of Public Health, Spring 2008.
- Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, (Video).
- by Antigone Barton, Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, November 18, 2007.Video of Haiti's Prison and Haiti's Hope,by Antigone Barton, Palm Beach Post, 2007 (Images).
- Florida Doctor Tries to Rescue Dominican Jails from HIV Quagmireby Antigone Barton, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer, Sunday, October 01, 2006.
- by Vanessa St. Gerard, Corrections Today, 2005.